Whether you are just starting your licence training, working on a designation,building your business, or looking for someone to take it over, Advocis has the professional development programming you need to be a success.
- programming to earn the CFP and CLU designations
- life insurance licence qualification programming (known as the LLQP)
- national and regional conferences
- new agent training
- compliance seminars
- life insurance education schools
- advanced financial planning programming
- topical mini-courses that you can complete from home or work
- and much, much more.
To learn more about professional development at Advocis, download our course calendar.
Membership in Advocis is voluntary. Professional advisors who choose to be members of Advocis must:
- adhere to the Association's Code of Professional Conduct
- either hold, or be working towards, a recognized designation, and
- must maintain their knowledge through mandatory continuing education.
Advocis members advise their clients on the short- and long-term financial needs of individuals, families, and owners of small and medium-sized businesses. Our members provide financial services that are limited only by the needs of their clients. Those services include financial planning, estate planning, tax preparation, tax planning, and consultation on employee group benefits, pensions and retirement plans.
What unites our members is the common activity of helping Canadians to realize their financial goals and protect what is at stake - the savings of Canadians and the financial security of their families and themselves.
The Association is a voluntary professional association of financial advisors, committed to representing the interests of its members and their clients. The Association is the premier provider of professional development programs, sets ethical and market conduct standards and is a strong advocate for the financial services sector.
Our Pledge - Code of Professional Conduct
As a condition of membership in Advocis®, all members agree to abide by the Advocis® Code of Professional Conduct (COPC):
- An Advocis® Member shall offer and provide services with integrity.
- An Advocis® Member shall provide services competently.
- An Advocis® Member shall provide services in a diligent manner.
- An Advocis® Member shall not disclose any confidential information without expressed consent.
- An Advocis® Member shall strive to provide services that meet a client’s best interests.
- An Advocis® Member shall disclose any conflict of interest in providing services.
- An Advocis® Member's conduct shall reflect positively upon all other Advocis® Members.
- An Advocis® Member shall respect and protect the privacy of others.
- An Advocis® Member shall respect the spirit and the letter of the law.
The COPC is part of an overall framework that includes Performance Standards, Application Standards, and Disciplinary Procedures.